I am finishing my basement with 2x4 stick built walls(due to obstructions). I have one area at the bottom of the steps with limited space. For this section, I would like to 2x2 furring strips to attach the drywall. I have a powder nailer, but am concerned about moisture getting in or cracking the walls (poured concrete). I have seen suggestions on just glueing the strips to the wall with construction cement, but am concerned with how that will hold the drywall. Any suggestions?
I am thinking of going this route when I finish my basement this spring. i do not want to nail to the concrete and possibly cause cracks or moisture penetration points. I was just thinking of gluing furring strips with liquid nail or something similiar to the concrete walls.
Finishing Basement Workshop
Drywall on basement walls...
Furring Strips on Basement Walls
New home -water on basement walls after freezing tem...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!