I am finishing my basement with 2x4 stick built walls(due to obstructions). I have one area at the bottom of the steps with limited space. For this section, I would like to 2x2 furring strips to attach the drywall. I have a powder nailer, but am concerned about moisture getting in or cracking the walls (poured concrete). I have seen suggestions on just glueing the strips to the wall with construction cement, but am concerned with how that will hold the drywall. Any suggestions?
I am thinking of going this route when I finish my basement this spring. i do not want to nail to the concrete and possibly cause cracks or moisture penetration points. I was just thinking of gluing furring strips with liquid nail or something similiar to the concrete walls.
Finishing Basement Workshop
Drywall on basement walls...
Furring Strips on Basement Walls
New home -water on basement walls after freezing tem...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!