I am finishing my basement with 2x4 stick built walls(due to obstructions). I have one area at the bottom of the steps with limited space. For this section, I would like to 2x2 furring strips to attach the drywall. I have a powder nailer, but am concerned about moisture getting in or cracking the walls (poured concrete). I have seen suggestions on just glueing the strips to the wall with construction cement, but am concerned with how that will hold the drywall. Any suggestions?
I am thinking of going this route when I finish my basement this spring. i do not want to nail to the concrete and possibly cause cracks or moisture penetration points. I was just thinking of gluing furring strips with liquid nail or something similiar to the concrete walls.
Finishing Basement Workshop
Drywall on basement walls...
New home -water on basement walls after freezing tem...
Furring Strips on Basement Walls
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING