hi. i recently had the owens corning basement wall system installed (i'm finishing the the ceiling myself), and so far, i like it. i plan on doing some entertaining in the basement, and i'm likely to have some smokers down there. in order to prevent the smoke from getting sucked into the walls, i'd lik to install a few exhaust fans (just like in the bathrooms).
my question is this... when i vent the fans to the outside of the house, can i join all the fans to exhaust out of one exit, or does each fan have to have its own exit?
i plan on having 6 fans total, 3 one switch, 3 on another switch.
Obviously you don't want 6 termination vents. Maybe you can get away with 2 (3 on each) use flex aluminum duct (not plastic duct) for your runs. Connect them with wyes or Tee fittings. Sure seems like a good idea to rid the basement of cigarette smoke, but before you decide,look into the units (I don't know their names) that eat up the smoke and clean the air. You commonly see them in restaurants and bars. Do a web search and try these key words: Cigarette smoke filters, air cleaners, smoke eaters, etc. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes