hi. i recently had the owens corning basement wall system installed (i'm finishing the the ceiling myself), and so far, i like it. i plan on doing some entertaining in the basement, and i'm likely to have some smokers down there. in order to prevent the smoke from getting sucked into the walls, i'd lik to install a few exhaust fans (just like in the bathrooms).
my question is this... when i vent the fans to the outside of the house, can i join all the fans to exhaust out of one exit, or does each fan have to have its own exit?
i plan on having 6 fans total, 3 one switch, 3 on another switch.
Obviously you don't want 6 termination vents. Maybe you can get away with 2 (3 on each) use flex aluminum duct (not plastic duct) for your runs. Connect them with wyes or Tee fittings. Sure seems like a good idea to rid the basement of cigarette smoke, but before you decide,look into the units (I don't know their names) that eat up the smoke and clean the air. You commonly see them in restaurants and bars. Do a web search and try these key words: Cigarette smoke filters, air cleaners, smoke eaters, etc. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight