..First,there is a REASON....a direct opening on the outside of your house from ground level UP....that allowed the water inside which then you say ran down from the top of the wall in the basement.My advise to you would be to go outside and Find the opening(s) and seal/fix it correctly...whatever allowed the water into the house is....Still Open! Maybe you haven`t had a 'prolonged rain' since...or maybe you have but the wind wasn`t blowing the hard rain against that side of the house...ya follow? Possibilities for openings are....Open mortar joints(look at them real close),loose or cracked bricks,any window(may need caulking or windows with screens can be a problem)..any line that enters the home(elec line,gas line,central A/C line) etc.Or ANY crevices!! Some Bricks can be very porous and can release water downward on long heavier rains! If it`s porous bricks you`ll need a good brick repellant or sealer.OR...you can use a hose on a dry day to do a "water test".This is easier if you have a friend help,one of ya`s stays inside and the other goes outside and runs water starting from ground level...and recreating a heavy rain on a certain area starting low and slowly going up.When you find the opening(s) your friend should see water beginning to come in the same spot as it did last fall.Run the hose(water) hard but just hit certain area`s at a time.Slowly but surely you should find the culprit(s).Also..where the 1st course of bricks sit on top of the basement wall can be the problem(openings) for some.Gl! Let us know!
Resurfaced stairs now creak louder than ever. Who's ...
K i t c h e n Designers Newcastle
Kitchen Designer London
Do I have to completely remove the old carpet adhes...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight