I live in a townhome with a two car garage that is below the front of the house (in a basement type setup).
After some rainy days, I noticed that there is moisture and leaking between where the drywall ends and the concrete part of the wall (which comes up about 3-4 feet) begins. This is on the front side of the townhome.
I believe the leaks are due to the previous owner not repairing the downspout in the front and it essentially shooting water straight into the ground, digging a hole in the dirt and allowing moisture to seep in easily.
I was wondering what I can use to patch the part of the wall where the drywall and concrete meet. Currently there is a paper tape like material (which is coming off.) and some sort of spackel. What is the best product I can use to seal this area, and what things do I have to watch out for while doing it?.
Leaking Basement/Black Mold
blown-in fiberglass insulation
water intrusion in finished basement in TN--need adv...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY