I live in a townhome with a two car garage that is below the front of the house (in a basement type setup).
After some rainy days, I noticed that there is moisture and leaking between where the drywall ends and the concrete part of the wall (which comes up about 3-4 feet) begins. This is on the front side of the townhome.
I believe the leaks are due to the previous owner not repairing the downspout in the front and it essentially shooting water straight into the ground, digging a hole in the dirt and allowing moisture to seep in easily.
I was wondering what I can use to patch the part of the wall where the drywall and concrete meet. Currently there is a paper tape like material (which is coming off.) and some sort of spackel. What is the best product I can use to seal this area, and what things do I have to watch out for while doing it?.
Leaking Basement/Black Mold
blown-in fiberglass insulation
water intrusion in finished basement in TN--need adv...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps