I live in a townhome with a two car garage that is below the front of the house (in a basement type setup).
After some rainy days, I noticed that there is moisture and leaking between where the drywall ends and the concrete part of the wall (which comes up about 3-4 feet) begins. This is on the front side of the townhome.
I believe the leaks are due to the previous owner not repairing the downspout in the front and it essentially shooting water straight into the ground, digging a hole in the dirt and allowing moisture to seep in easily.
I was wondering what I can use to patch the part of the wall where the drywall and concrete meet. Currently there is a paper tape like material (which is coming off.) and some sort of spackel. What is the best product I can use to seal this area, and what things do I have to watch out for while doing it?.
Leaking Basement/Black Mold
blown-in fiberglass insulation
water intrusion in finished basement in TN--need adv...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them