I live in a townhome with a two car garage that is below the front of the house (in a basement type setup).
After some rainy days, I noticed that there is moisture and leaking between where the drywall ends and the concrete part of the wall (which comes up about 3-4 feet) begins. This is on the front side of the townhome.
I believe the leaks are due to the previous owner not repairing the downspout in the front and it essentially shooting water straight into the ground, digging a hole in the dirt and allowing moisture to seep in easily.
I was wondering what I can use to patch the part of the wall where the drywall and concrete meet. Currently there is a paper tape like material (which is coming off.) and some sort of spackel. What is the best product I can use to seal this area, and what things do I have to watch out for while doing it?.
Leaking Basement/Black Mold
blown-in fiberglass insulation
water intrusion in finished basement in TN--need adv...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees