I live in a townhome with a two car garage that is below the front of the house (in a basement type setup).
After some rainy days, I noticed that there is moisture and leaking between where the drywall ends and the concrete part of the wall (which comes up about 3-4 feet) begins. This is on the front side of the townhome.
I believe the leaks are due to the previous owner not repairing the downspout in the front and it essentially shooting water straight into the ground, digging a hole in the dirt and allowing moisture to seep in easily.
I was wondering what I can use to patch the part of the wall where the drywall and concrete meet. Currently there is a paper tape like material (which is coming off.) and some sort of spackel. What is the best product I can use to seal this area, and what things do I have to watch out for while doing it?.
Leaking Basement/Black Mold
blown-in fiberglass insulation
water intrusion in finished basement in TN--need adv...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets