The inside drain tile method(or ANY diverting means) does not take hydrostatic pressure & roots from trees/large bushes off the entire outside of a basement wall..Impossible.In order to help take that pressure off a wall you have to go outside and dig to footing,haul dirt/clay away & backfill w/all pea-stone.Peastone will also give the outside of the wall full and immediate drainage from top to bottom.The inside method does not stop water/moisture/dampness from entering the wall through cracks and other openings so it cannot stop mold/efflorescence.An outside method seals all cracks/openings and provides the best drainage so water cannot enter the wall...so mold will no longer have its lifeline to grow.I`m talking about hand digging to footing,haul all dirt/clay away,scrape & wire brush the wall,seal cracks & all openings with hydraulic cement,then apply Thick tar & visqueen to wall and backfill w/100% peastone...6-10" of top soil over P stone if homeowner desires.An inside method should only be used when the homeowners problem is water being forced up at isolation joint or up through floor cracks.Rod holes in a poured wall can be sealed from the inside if packed correctly.If you have a crack in a poured wall..an epoxy injection is very risky means to try and solve your problem.If just the slightest more settling occurs(almost always does)or pressure on the outside of that crack occurs(almost always does)that crack is going to open up and that epoxy is NOT going to hold thousands of LBS of concrete together...I`ve seen it for happen repeatedly...for over 20 years.
Need Daltile French Quarter Mardi Gras tile.
Dupont Real Touch Elite Beech Block FG8030
Apartment smoke alarm keeps going off 3 to four beep...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects