I am having a dust issue in one room of my house (rancher w/ full unfinished basement). I have replaced the entire duct system, everything is now hard ducted, no panning. But I still get major dust in one room. There are no gaps in the ceiling/wall or wall/floor joints as the moldings are caulked. Only other guess I have is the dust is coming up from the basement through the hard wood flooring.
The subflooring was laid out with 1/2" to 1" gaps between the wood planks then the hardwood laid on top, half a$$ed by the previous owner.
So I want to seal between the floor joists in basement, here are my options I have been pondering:
1. Buying a few cans of that rubber sealer and spray that between the joists below the room that is the problem.
2. Installing thermopan (used for HVAC panning) up tight to the subflooring and caulking the joints along the floor joists and thermopan.
3. Insulating with typical R-30 batt insulation.
4. Insulating with closed-cell spray foam (very costly).
If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs