I am having a dust issue in one room of my house (rancher w/ full unfinished basement). I have replaced the entire duct system, everything is now hard ducted, no panning. But I still get major dust in one room. There are no gaps in the ceiling/wall or wall/floor joints as the moldings are caulked. Only other guess I have is the dust is coming up from the basement through the hard wood flooring.
The subflooring was laid out with 1/2" to 1" gaps between the wood planks then the hardwood laid on top, half a$$ed by the previous owner.
So I want to seal between the floor joists in basement, here are my options I have been pondering:
1. Buying a few cans of that rubber sealer and spray that between the joists below the room that is the problem.
2. Installing thermopan (used for HVAC panning) up tight to the subflooring and caulking the joints along the floor joists and thermopan.
3. Insulating with typical R-30 batt insulation.
4. Insulating with closed-cell spray foam (very costly).
If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps