I am having a dust issue in one room of my house (rancher w/ full unfinished basement). I have replaced the entire duct system, everything is now hard ducted, no panning. But I still get major dust in one room. There are no gaps in the ceiling/wall or wall/floor joints as the moldings are caulked. Only other guess I have is the dust is coming up from the basement through the hard wood flooring.
The subflooring was laid out with 1/2" to 1" gaps between the wood planks then the hardwood laid on top, half a$$ed by the previous owner.
So I want to seal between the floor joists in basement, here are my options I have been pondering:
1. Buying a few cans of that rubber sealer and spray that between the joists below the room that is the problem.
2. Installing thermopan (used for HVAC panning) up tight to the subflooring and caulking the joints along the floor joists and thermopan.
3. Insulating with typical R-30 batt insulation.
4. Insulating with closed-cell spray foam (very costly).
If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs