In May of 99 I got some information regarding Aquastar tankless water heater. I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had anyone installed. Do they like it? What are the pros? What are the cons? Is the installation cost worth it? I have a small (650 sq ft) summer bungalow in Putnam County, NY. It is about 1 hour from NYC so it is not in the extremely colder upstate area. It is about 50 years old with the standard gas hot watter heater. Since space and cost are a priority I am interested in the tankless style water heater. So if anyone has any information or input I would be very interested.
WHile this reply is five years late - I can tell you that we installed a AquaStar six years and have been saving money each day - yes we can tell by the monthly bill. There are four in the family. It also saved space in the utility room over the old large electric and serves us very well on a daily bases.
On the negative side - the kids never get out of the shower, the hot water never runs out - so we installed a timer to limit how wet they get. We installed the smaller unit and so it works with one major appliance, but that has never been a problem.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING