In May of 99 I got some information regarding Aquastar tankless water heater. I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had anyone installed. Do they like it? What are the pros? What are the cons? Is the installation cost worth it? I have a small (650 sq ft) summer bungalow in Putnam County, NY. It is about 1 hour from NYC so it is not in the extremely colder upstate area. It is about 50 years old with the standard gas hot watter heater. Since space and cost are a priority I am interested in the tankless style water heater. So if anyone has any information or input I would be very interested.
WHile this reply is five years late - I can tell you that we installed a AquaStar six years and have been saving money each day - yes we can tell by the monthly bill. There are four in the family. It also saved space in the utility room over the old large electric and serves us very well on a daily bases.
On the negative side - the kids never get out of the shower, the hot water never runs out - so we installed a timer to limit how wet they get. We installed the smaller unit and so it works with one major appliance, but that has never been a problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love