Hi, I have stripped drive gear in "overhead door" brand model # 556
I have read manual, it shows 2 cotter pins holding shaft together, I only see 1 hole with no pin in it.
I have the part to replace it.
Can somone please help me with instructions?
There is really only one cotter pin that has to be removed. The other pin (is not a cotter pin) is simply the pin that fits down into the helical gear. So simply remove the shaft cover from on top of the garage opener system. Then remove the visible cotter pin. Then slid the gear shaft up. Remove the old gear and replace with new gear. Don't forget to lubricate the gear. Replace the cotter pin and put the cover back on. That simple!
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING