Hi, I have stripped drive gear in "overhead door" brand model # 556
I have read manual, it shows 2 cotter pins holding shaft together, I only see 1 hole with no pin in it.
I have the part to replace it.
Can somone please help me with instructions?
There is really only one cotter pin that has to be removed. The other pin (is not a cotter pin) is simply the pin that fits down into the helical gear. So simply remove the shaft cover from on top of the garage opener system. Then remove the visible cotter pin. Then slid the gear shaft up. Remove the old gear and replace with new gear. Don't forget to lubricate the gear. Replace the cotter pin and put the cover back on. That simple!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects