Hi, I have stripped drive gear in "overhead door" brand model # 556
I have read manual, it shows 2 cotter pins holding shaft together, I only see 1 hole with no pin in it.
I have the part to replace it.
Can somone please help me with instructions?
There is really only one cotter pin that has to be removed. The other pin (is not a cotter pin) is simply the pin that fits down into the helical gear. So simply remove the shaft cover from on top of the garage opener system. Then remove the visible cotter pin. Then slid the gear shaft up. Remove the old gear and replace with new gear. Don't forget to lubricate the gear. Replace the cotter pin and put the cover back on. That simple!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!