Hi, I have stripped drive gear in "overhead door" brand model # 556
I have read manual, it shows 2 cotter pins holding shaft together, I only see 1 hole with no pin in it.
I have the part to replace it.
Can somone please help me with instructions?
There is really only one cotter pin that has to be removed. The other pin (is not a cotter pin) is simply the pin that fits down into the helical gear. So simply remove the shaft cover from on top of the garage opener system. Then remove the visible cotter pin. Then slid the gear shaft up. Remove the old gear and replace with new gear. Don't forget to lubricate the gear. Replace the cotter pin and put the cover back on. That simple!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight