I have two First Alert/BRK smoke detectors in my house. Model #9120 Dual ionization, hard wired in the basement and on the first floor near kitchen (kind of centrally located on the first floor). These two are wired together and very loud. Then I have a Model # SA710 photo electric, battery powered on the second floor near the bedroom and right at the top of the stairs. I am using the battery powered here so that I do not have to run wires upstairs to the second floor.
I would like to update to the dual sensor photo electric/ ionization types. The model # P12010 Kidde hard wired and the Model P19000 (replaced with P19010 ?) battery powered. These are two that I were looking at and that were recommended by Kidde. I am reading bad reviews on the P19000/ P19010.
I am also a little hard of hearing and worry about whether the battery powered at the top of the stairs outside the bedrooms would wake me up. The hard wired ones I have now on the first floor and basement are very loud and would probably wake the neighborhood.
Can anyone give me any help with recommendations? Have you had any good experiences with any products?
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
beeping smoke detector
Electric Smoke detectors go off once a day
Firex g-6 smoke detector
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING