I have two First Alert/BRK smoke detectors in my house. Model #9120 Dual ionization, hard wired in the basement and on the first floor near kitchen (kind of centrally located on the first floor). These two are wired together and very loud. Then I have a Model # SA710 photo electric, battery powered on the second floor near the bedroom and right at the top of the stairs. I am using the battery powered here so that I do not have to run wires upstairs to the second floor.
I would like to update to the dual sensor photo electric/ ionization types. The model # P12010 Kidde hard wired and the Model P19000 (replaced with P19010 ?) battery powered. These are two that I were looking at and that were recommended by Kidde. I am reading bad reviews on the P19000/ P19010.
I am also a little hard of hearing and worry about whether the battery powered at the top of the stairs outside the bedrooms would wake me up. The hard wired ones I have now on the first floor and basement are very loud and would probably wake the neighborhood.
Can anyone give me any help with recommendations? Have you had any good experiences with any products?
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
Firex g-6 smoke detector
beeping smoke detector
Electric Smoke detectors go off once a day
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!