I have two First Alert/BRK smoke detectors in my house. Model #9120 Dual ionization, hard wired in the basement and on the first floor near kitchen (kind of centrally located on the first floor). These two are wired together and very loud. Then I have a Model # SA710 photo electric, battery powered on the second floor near the bedroom and right at the top of the stairs. I am using the battery powered here so that I do not have to run wires upstairs to the second floor.
I would like to update to the dual sensor photo electric/ ionization types. The model # P12010 Kidde hard wired and the Model P19000 (replaced with P19010 ?) battery powered. These are two that I were looking at and that were recommended by Kidde. I am reading bad reviews on the P19000/ P19010.
I am also a little hard of hearing and worry about whether the battery powered at the top of the stairs outside the bedrooms would wake me up. The hard wired ones I have now on the first floor and basement are very loud and would probably wake the neighborhood.
Can anyone give me any help with recommendations? Have you had any good experiences with any products?
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
Firex g-6 smoke detector
beeping smoke detector
Electric Smoke detectors go off once a day
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love