My wife and I recently bought a 60+ year old home that we absolutely love. Prior to buying we had the home inspected. One of the notes that the inspector made was regarding the attic insulation. He said we had plenty of it but in the wrong places. His biggest concern was the inulation that ran between the roof rafters. He said, "with all that insulation, the hot air will never get out."
I have been trying to find articles on proper attic insulation but have not found any good ones. Therefore, I am coming to you. What is your opinion on insulation in the rafters?
Richard M. Hughes
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!