My wife and I recently bought a 60+ year old home that we absolutely love. Prior to buying we had the home inspected. One of the notes that the inspector made was regarding the attic insulation. He said we had plenty of it but in the wrong places. His biggest concern was the inulation that ran between the roof rafters. He said, "with all that insulation, the hot air will never get out."
I have been trying to find articles on proper attic insulation but have not found any good ones. Therefore, I am coming to you. What is your opinion on insulation in the rafters?
Richard M. Hughes
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!