I have a new construction house in Michigan and the cement contractor "ran out of cement" during the pouring our our basement floor...
Does this happen???? It was only a little section near the walk out door area about 10'x 10'... They say that they'll fill it in when they pour the garage cement... Will this seam be sufficient for a basement floor? It is a large basement, but it is a strange situation I've never heard of. What should I make sure they do to insure a proper seamed area when they pour the rest?
I also have some (4) hairline cracks in the basement floor... one is 1/16 inch wide already and the floor has only been down for 3 weeks...
i would be concerned about that joint AND the cracks you have in your floor...IF within the next 18 months you ever notice water-dampness coming up through those cracks or joint you best bring it up to the builder and the sooner the better.Hopefully the house will have the correct sump-pump (S) to "control" the water level under the floor so that on heavy rains-spring thaws the water level will not rise up and through those cracks.Ya can`t waterproof a floor!!!! Only can control the water level by use of sump.Not much one can do about that seam....and seams do/can pop open in near future,just like cracks can further widen over time. I am a 26 yr "hands on" every job lic waterproofing contrac. in MICH...gl
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight