I have a new construction house in Michigan and the cement contractor "ran out of cement" during the pouring our our basement floor...
Does this happen???? It was only a little section near the walk out door area about 10'x 10'... They say that they'll fill it in when they pour the garage cement... Will this seam be sufficient for a basement floor? It is a large basement, but it is a strange situation I've never heard of. What should I make sure they do to insure a proper seamed area when they pour the rest?
I also have some (4) hairline cracks in the basement floor... one is 1/16 inch wide already and the floor has only been down for 3 weeks...
i would be concerned about that joint AND the cracks you have in your floor...IF within the next 18 months you ever notice water-dampness coming up through those cracks or joint you best bring it up to the builder and the sooner the better.Hopefully the house will have the correct sump-pump (S) to "control" the water level under the floor so that on heavy rains-spring thaws the water level will not rise up and through those cracks.Ya can`t waterproof a floor!!!! Only can control the water level by use of sump.Not much one can do about that seam....and seams do/can pop open in near future,just like cracks can further widen over time. I am a 26 yr "hands on" every job lic waterproofing contrac. in MICH...gl
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects