I have a new construction house in Michigan and the cement contractor "ran out of cement" during the pouring our our basement floor...
Does this happen???? It was only a little section near the walk out door area about 10'x 10'... They say that they'll fill it in when they pour the garage cement... Will this seam be sufficient for a basement floor? It is a large basement, but it is a strange situation I've never heard of. What should I make sure they do to insure a proper seamed area when they pour the rest?
I also have some (4) hairline cracks in the basement floor... one is 1/16 inch wide already and the floor has only been down for 3 weeks...
i would be concerned about that joint AND the cracks you have in your floor...IF within the next 18 months you ever notice water-dampness coming up through those cracks or joint you best bring it up to the builder and the sooner the better.Hopefully the house will have the correct sump-pump (S) to "control" the water level under the floor so that on heavy rains-spring thaws the water level will not rise up and through those cracks.Ya can`t waterproof a floor!!!! Only can control the water level by use of sump.Not much one can do about that seam....and seams do/can pop open in near future,just like cracks can further widen over time. I am a 26 yr "hands on" every job lic waterproofing contrac. in MICH...gl
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!