I have a new construction house in Michigan and the cement contractor "ran out of cement" during the pouring our our basement floor...
Does this happen???? It was only a little section near the walk out door area about 10'x 10'... They say that they'll fill it in when they pour the garage cement... Will this seam be sufficient for a basement floor? It is a large basement, but it is a strange situation I've never heard of. What should I make sure they do to insure a proper seamed area when they pour the rest?
I also have some (4) hairline cracks in the basement floor... one is 1/16 inch wide already and the floor has only been down for 3 weeks...
i would be concerned about that joint AND the cracks you have in your floor...IF within the next 18 months you ever notice water-dampness coming up through those cracks or joint you best bring it up to the builder and the sooner the better.Hopefully the house will have the correct sump-pump (S) to "control" the water level under the floor so that on heavy rains-spring thaws the water level will not rise up and through those cracks.Ya can`t waterproof a floor!!!! Only can control the water level by use of sump.Not much one can do about that seam....and seams do/can pop open in near future,just like cracks can further widen over time. I am a 26 yr "hands on" every job lic waterproofing contrac. in MICH...gl
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!