I have a lot of efflouresence on one of my walls in the basement. I recently applied Dryloc Etch to remove it. It looked like I got it all off. When I went down the next morning, it was on the walls again. Can efflouresence form that quickly or is it more likely that I didn't get it all off? I plan on painting the walls with Dryloc so I need to get it off. What else is effective at removing this stuff?
Also- does anyone know a ball park figure on digging a trench and applying tar to that wall (to waterproof the outside)? The depth would be about 3-4 ft and the width of that wall is about 30 feet.
Thanks for your help!!
first,one has to stop the moisture/dampness from the outside. Then it`s possible to rid the efflorescence.To hand dig 3-4` X 30` trench,haul away all dirt,scrape & wire brush entire wall,seal any cracks/openings with hydraulic cement,apply 'thick' grade tar with 6 mil visqueen and backfill with 100% pea-stone would be $2,100 and take 1 day to complete.Also...look for other 'direct' openings such as open mortar joints,loose-cracked bricks,openings around any windows,light fixtures,doors etc. and seal `em. Are you sure the depth is 3-4` to the footing? GL!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!