I have a lot of efflouresence on one of my walls in the basement. I recently applied Dryloc Etch to remove it. It looked like I got it all off. When I went down the next morning, it was on the walls again. Can efflouresence form that quickly or is it more likely that I didn't get it all off? I plan on painting the walls with Dryloc so I need to get it off. What else is effective at removing this stuff?
Also- does anyone know a ball park figure on digging a trench and applying tar to that wall (to waterproof the outside)? The depth would be about 3-4 ft and the width of that wall is about 30 feet.
Thanks for your help!!
first,one has to stop the moisture/dampness from the outside. Then it`s possible to rid the efflorescence.To hand dig 3-4` X 30` trench,haul away all dirt,scrape & wire brush entire wall,seal any cracks/openings with hydraulic cement,apply 'thick' grade tar with 6 mil visqueen and backfill with 100% pea-stone would be $2,100 and take 1 day to complete.Also...look for other 'direct' openings such as open mortar joints,loose-cracked bricks,openings around any windows,light fixtures,doors etc. and seal `em. Are you sure the depth is 3-4` to the footing? GL!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers