I have a lot of efflouresence on one of my walls in the basement. I recently applied Dryloc Etch to remove it. It looked like I got it all off. When I went down the next morning, it was on the walls again. Can efflouresence form that quickly or is it more likely that I didn't get it all off? I plan on painting the walls with Dryloc so I need to get it off. What else is effective at removing this stuff?
Also- does anyone know a ball park figure on digging a trench and applying tar to that wall (to waterproof the outside)? The depth would be about 3-4 ft and the width of that wall is about 30 feet.
Thanks for your help!!
first,one has to stop the moisture/dampness from the outside. Then it`s possible to rid the efflorescence.To hand dig 3-4` X 30` trench,haul away all dirt,scrape & wire brush entire wall,seal any cracks/openings with hydraulic cement,apply 'thick' grade tar with 6 mil visqueen and backfill with 100% pea-stone would be $2,100 and take 1 day to complete.Also...look for other 'direct' openings such as open mortar joints,loose-cracked bricks,openings around any windows,light fixtures,doors etc. and seal `em. Are you sure the depth is 3-4` to the footing? GL!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight