How deep is the sump? Is the water near the top of the pit when the pump kicks in?? If so lower the turn-on level, or a drain pipe may be clogged. Tomz71ss is a master at solving this problem. The turn-on level may require digging the sump deeper. if you do this dig the sump bigger & put in a second pump next to the first & that way there's a backup pump waiting if the first one croaks. 55 second cycles is tremendous. C.
The sump is 4 foot deep. 3 drain pipes going into it. All flow nicely during rain storms. I should mention, that when its not raining or when its dry outside, the sump doesnt run at all, no water drains into the sump. The water doesnt rise above the drain pipes before its pumped out. Ive considered getting a battery back up just in case. Im thinking that maybe this was just an isolated case due to all the rain we have gotten?????? Is there anyway to seal the cracks on my floor to prevent leakage in the future??
sewage in tub
Sweaty tilt windows
New house - too early to finish basement?
Possible foundation issues-Looking for suggestions
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes