Our basement windows are within metal frames in stone walls. Due to age (house 80+ years old), and possible structural damage from local construction blasts the windows have become unseated from the frames. All insulation and sealing between the frames and the stone have deteriorated to the point that my cat can push one end of the window in at one side to open the opposite corner. The frame itself has rusted through. (We have had two birds get into our home through these openings.) How can we repair these windows?
Finishing Basement - Switchbox Questions
Need some cost estimates for finishing a basement !
basement window leak
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!