Our basement windows are within metal frames in stone walls. Due to age (house 80+ years old), and possible structural damage from local construction blasts the windows have become unseated from the frames. All insulation and sealing between the frames and the stone have deteriorated to the point that my cat can push one end of the window in at one side to open the opposite corner. The frame itself has rusted through. (We have had two birds get into our home through these openings.) How can we repair these windows?
Finishing Basement - Switchbox Questions
Need some cost estimates for finishing a basement !
basement window leak
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!