I'm in the process of doing a basement remodel, I've completed the drywall and now I'm ready for the drop ceiling. I was wanting to put ceiling fans to get some air movement, however the measurement from the bare floor to the bottom of the floor joists is only 7' 3" and the smallest ceiling fan I could find dropped down 7.5", which would be very low. I've read the manufacturers recomended heights and they all say at least 7' from floor to bottom of fan. I would be looking at around 6'4" and that's just to low. Anyone have suggestions on what I might be able to do about getting some air movement other than just putting some box fans on the floor? Maybe something I could put in the ceiling or wall?
I'd go with a Humidex unit, worked for me. They are quiet and use very little power. I had one installed after my basement flooded. Well worht the money. If you are in New England and need an installer, email me at [email protected] Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes