Building a small 2 story house with a stairwell running the length up against the outside wall. If I platform frame the wall up against the stairwell (12' long) I will essentially have a 8' wall sitting on a 8' wall. Concerned about the strength when the wind blows as the point between the walls would act as a hinge. Only alternative I come up with is a balloon framed 16' up against stairwell? Any suggestions or can you point me to another source?
Tiles on stairwell
question on tiling.......
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
Question on Monoflow Tee Usage
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!