Not sure where I should post this question as it applies to my lower floor drain and my central AC system.
My AC condensation (??) drain drains directly to my floor drain in my laundry room floor. I am thinking the central air system was installed after the house was built in the 60s since I can think of no obvious reason why this installed this way.
The problem is I am tired of tripping over the drain pipe and dislodging it from the floor drain creating a mess in the floor. Is there any way that this drainage pipe can be either re-routed to the exterior of the house or make a cut in the floor and install the drain beneath the concrete floor?
If I go the beneath the concrete route would there be any issues with keeping the piping clear of debris?
What type of piping should be used under the concrete? Is PVC acceptable? Right now the pipe on the floor is PVC and the connection to the AC (actually heating and AC) unit is clear flexible tubing.
I am assuming that draining to the exterior wall won't work because it would be against gravity. Is this a DIY job for someone with beginner to intermediate DIY skills?
Thanks for any replies.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!