with that said, i think a good quality perennial rye blend or bluegrass would work fine. make sure you set your irrigation up to water 2-4 times a day. you will need to keep the seeds moist as much as you can until they are germinated and then graduate back to your normal schedule. your goal is to keep the seeds moust without watering to run-off as the seeds may wash away. start with 5-7 minute cycles 3-4 times a day and adjust from there. donot let seeds get too dry during the germination period or they will desecate and dye. fertilizing with a starter at seeding time is ok, but i recommend fertilizing again after the first mowing. be sure to water the fert in good so you do not get burned turf. oh, and watch closly for disease. young seedlings are more succeptable than mature turf.
check out www.ntep.org for seed research and dirtdoctor.com for organic gardening tips.
My irrigation was set to come on at 3 am for 20 minutes per zone (12 zones)- 41 heads, 2 zones are well breaks. I just changed it to come on a 7 am 10 min a zone, then come back on at 3pm for 10 min a zone again. Think that cycle is ok? I have been struggling w/ how long to water an when.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!