with that said, i think a good quality perennial rye blend or bluegrass would work fine. make sure you set your irrigation up to water 2-4 times a day. you will need to keep the seeds moist as much as you can until they are germinated and then graduate back to your normal schedule. your goal is to keep the seeds moust without watering to run-off as the seeds may wash away. start with 5-7 minute cycles 3-4 times a day and adjust from there. donot let seeds get too dry during the germination period or they will desecate and dye. fertilizing with a starter at seeding time is ok, but i recommend fertilizing again after the first mowing. be sure to water the fert in good so you do not get burned turf. oh, and watch closly for disease. young seedlings are more succeptable than mature turf.
check out www.ntep.org for seed research and dirtdoctor.com for organic gardening tips.
My irrigation was set to come on at 3 am for 20 minutes per zone (12 zones)- 41 heads, 2 zones are well breaks. I just changed it to come on a 7 am 10 min a zone, then come back on at 3pm for 10 min a zone again. Think that cycle is ok? I have been struggling w/ how long to water an when.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?