http://www.oxfordplasticsinc.com/perforatedpipe.htm Scroll down to Selecting Perforated Pipe------
For those of you who 'think'-been told that plastic drain tile is somehow better,stronger,lasts longer etc than clay,read what this manufacturer states about its own product.
"We do Not recommend the use of flexible plastic pipe at depths greater than 1.2 meters."....because of the WEIGHT of backfill atop of it.
Most basements here in Michigan are 6'--8'+ deep so why since the 70`s are builders are using it? Misinformed, dont care? Well, thats because its easier/faster for them-laborers to lay down there And,its thinner/lighter and, ahem......Cheaper.
Clay tiles are thicker/heavier/more expensive and it takes more time to lay `em down there...so...its better for Them! It`s NOT that the plastic tile is better, hardly. Look, any kind of tile might get clogged w/hairline roots `n other debris(seldom), But all this nonsense i hear over & over about plastic is better is a buncha crap. Just another ploy to bs a homeowner into doing more linear footage, another self-serving bs story.
http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/callforaction/4bc6a0f.html go ahead & click the video
this is more proof of what i mean. A builder has tried numerous times to fix these peoples problems with epoxy injections and an inside water-diverting method....Still Leaks `n more cracks in walls! Then a SE actually states he is NOT concerned about persisting cracks on Every wall! And these arent hairline cracks!
What homeowners need is to find an Honest-Experienced Bsmt Waterproofing Contractor! Someone with decades of hands-on experience, not this book smart stuff! C`mon, wake up America
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes