http://www.oxfordplasticsinc.com/perforatedpipe.htm Scroll down to Selecting Perforated Pipe------
For those of you who 'think'-been told that plastic drain tile is somehow better,stronger,lasts longer etc than clay,read what this manufacturer states about its own product.
"We do Not recommend the use of flexible plastic pipe at depths greater than 1.2 meters."....because of the WEIGHT of backfill atop of it.
Most basements here in Michigan are 6'--8'+ deep so why since the 70`s are builders are using it? Misinformed, dont care? Well, thats because its easier/faster for them-laborers to lay down there And,its thinner/lighter and, ahem......Cheaper.
Clay tiles are thicker/heavier/more expensive and it takes more time to lay `em down there...so...its better for Them! It`s NOT that the plastic tile is better, hardly. Look, any kind of tile might get clogged w/hairline roots `n other debris(seldom), But all this nonsense i hear over & over about plastic is better is a buncha crap. Just another ploy to bs a homeowner into doing more linear footage, another self-serving bs story.
http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/callforaction/4bc6a0f.html go ahead & click the video
this is more proof of what i mean. A builder has tried numerous times to fix these peoples problems with epoxy injections and an inside water-diverting method....Still Leaks `n more cracks in walls! Then a SE actually states he is NOT concerned about persisting cracks on Every wall! And these arent hairline cracks!
What homeowners need is to find an Honest-Experienced Bsmt Waterproofing Contractor! Someone with decades of hands-on experience, not this book smart stuff! C`mon, wake up America
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets