http://www.oxfordplasticsinc.com/perforatedpipe.htm Scroll down to Selecting Perforated Pipe------
For those of you who 'think'-been told that plastic drain tile is somehow better,stronger,lasts longer etc than clay,read what this manufacturer states about its own product.
"We do Not recommend the use of flexible plastic pipe at depths greater than 1.2 meters."....because of the WEIGHT of backfill atop of it.
Most basements here in Michigan are 6'--8'+ deep so why since the 70`s are builders are using it? Misinformed, dont care? Well, thats because its easier/faster for them-laborers to lay down there And,its thinner/lighter and, ahem......Cheaper.
Clay tiles are thicker/heavier/more expensive and it takes more time to lay `em down there...so...its better for Them! It`s NOT that the plastic tile is better, hardly. Look, any kind of tile might get clogged w/hairline roots `n other debris(seldom), But all this nonsense i hear over & over about plastic is better is a buncha crap. Just another ploy to bs a homeowner into doing more linear footage, another self-serving bs story.
http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/callforaction/4bc6a0f.html go ahead & click the video
this is more proof of what i mean. A builder has tried numerous times to fix these peoples problems with epoxy injections and an inside water-diverting method....Still Leaks `n more cracks in walls! Then a SE actually states he is NOT concerned about persisting cracks on Every wall! And these arent hairline cracks!
What homeowners need is to find an Honest-Experienced Bsmt Waterproofing Contractor! Someone with decades of hands-on experience, not this book smart stuff! C`mon, wake up America
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight