http://www.oxfordplasticsinc.com/perforatedpipe.htm Scroll down to Selecting Perforated Pipe------
For those of you who 'think'-been told that plastic drain tile is somehow better,stronger,lasts longer etc than clay,read what this manufacturer states about its own product.
"We do Not recommend the use of flexible plastic pipe at depths greater than 1.2 meters."....because of the WEIGHT of backfill atop of it.
Most basements here in Michigan are 6'--8'+ deep so why since the 70`s are builders are using it? Misinformed, dont care? Well, thats because its easier/faster for them-laborers to lay down there And,its thinner/lighter and, ahem......Cheaper.
Clay tiles are thicker/heavier/more expensive and it takes more time to lay `em down there...so...its better for Them! It`s NOT that the plastic tile is better, hardly. Look, any kind of tile might get clogged w/hairline roots `n other debris(seldom), But all this nonsense i hear over & over about plastic is better is a buncha crap. Just another ploy to bs a homeowner into doing more linear footage, another self-serving bs story.
http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/callforaction/4bc6a0f.html go ahead & click the video
this is more proof of what i mean. A builder has tried numerous times to fix these peoples problems with epoxy injections and an inside water-diverting method....Still Leaks `n more cracks in walls! Then a SE actually states he is NOT concerned about persisting cracks on Every wall! And these arent hairline cracks!
What homeowners need is to find an Honest-Experienced Bsmt Waterproofing Contractor! Someone with decades of hands-on experience, not this book smart stuff! C`mon, wake up America
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!