http://www.oxfordplasticsinc.com/perforatedpipe.htm Scroll down to Selecting Perforated Pipe------
For those of you who 'think'-been told that plastic drain tile is somehow better,stronger,lasts longer etc than clay,read what this manufacturer states about its own product.
"We do Not recommend the use of flexible plastic pipe at depths greater than 1.2 meters."....because of the WEIGHT of backfill atop of it.
Most basements here in Michigan are 6'--8'+ deep so why since the 70`s are builders are using it? Misinformed, dont care? Well, thats because its easier/faster for them-laborers to lay down there And,its thinner/lighter and, ahem......Cheaper.
Clay tiles are thicker/heavier/more expensive and it takes more time to lay `em down there...so...its better for Them! It`s NOT that the plastic tile is better, hardly. Look, any kind of tile might get clogged w/hairline roots `n other debris(seldom), But all this nonsense i hear over & over about plastic is better is a buncha crap. Just another ploy to bs a homeowner into doing more linear footage, another self-serving bs story.
http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/callforaction/4bc6a0f.html go ahead & click the video
this is more proof of what i mean. A builder has tried numerous times to fix these peoples problems with epoxy injections and an inside water-diverting method....Still Leaks `n more cracks in walls! Then a SE actually states he is NOT concerned about persisting cracks on Every wall! And these arent hairline cracks!
What homeowners need is to find an Honest-Experienced Bsmt Waterproofing Contractor! Someone with decades of hands-on experience, not this book smart stuff! C`mon, wake up America
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps