We are running into an issue on a toilet ordeal. Everything else will work (sink, tub) but the 3" pipe for the toliet will just barely fit btw walls, obviously the walls in this house are 2x4 walls-not 2x6 in areas where we want to add a bathroom... thus the couplings needed to piece the pipe together all the way down from the 2nd floor(in the walls) make it "not fit"
Only way my husband sees it to work would be to stub the 3" pipe straight out the "side" of the home, then drop it down to the ground alongside the house, and paint it the same color as the house to blend...I however, am really worried a) how its going to look, and b) RE-SALE! Now, we live in the country on 100 acres so "city codes" are not a problem...I am just more worried about cutting into the side of our newly sided (and painted) 100+yr old home, and then having an ugly 3in pipe running down the side of the house! And of course, what others would think should well move and sell it someday...
Is this a "normal" solution?!
TAPPING INTO CAST IRON VENT
boiler and hot water heater adjacent to space with p...
Insulating above a heated garage loft for storage
Decorative Finishing Washers
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING