We are running into an issue on a toilet ordeal. Everything else will work (sink, tub) but the 3" pipe for the toliet will just barely fit btw walls, obviously the walls in this house are 2x4 walls-not 2x6 in areas where we want to add a bathroom... thus the couplings needed to piece the pipe together all the way down from the 2nd floor(in the walls) make it "not fit"
Only way my husband sees it to work would be to stub the 3" pipe straight out the "side" of the home, then drop it down to the ground alongside the house, and paint it the same color as the house to blend...I however, am really worried a) how its going to look, and b) RE-SALE! Now, we live in the country on 100 acres so "city codes" are not a problem...I am just more worried about cutting into the side of our newly sided (and painted) 100+yr old home, and then having an ugly 3in pipe running down the side of the house! And of course, what others would think should well move and sell it someday...
Is this a "normal" solution?!
TAPPING INTO CAST IRON VENT
boiler and hot water heater adjacent to space with p...
Insulating above a heated garage loft for storage
Decorative Finishing Washers
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!