We are running into an issue on a toilet ordeal. Everything else will work (sink, tub) but the 3" pipe for the toliet will just barely fit btw walls, obviously the walls in this house are 2x4 walls-not 2x6 in areas where we want to add a bathroom... thus the couplings needed to piece the pipe together all the way down from the 2nd floor(in the walls) make it "not fit"
Only way my husband sees it to work would be to stub the 3" pipe straight out the "side" of the home, then drop it down to the ground alongside the house, and paint it the same color as the house to blend...I however, am really worried a) how its going to look, and b) RE-SALE! Now, we live in the country on 100 acres so "city codes" are not a problem...I am just more worried about cutting into the side of our newly sided (and painted) 100+yr old home, and then having an ugly 3in pipe running down the side of the house! And of course, what others would think should well move and sell it someday...
Is this a "normal" solution?!
TAPPING INTO CAST IRON VENT
boiler and hot water heater adjacent to space with p...
Insulating above a heated garage loft for storage
Decorative Finishing Washers
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes