We are running into an issue on a toilet ordeal. Everything else will work (sink, tub) but the 3" pipe for the toliet will just barely fit btw walls, obviously the walls in this house are 2x4 walls-not 2x6 in areas where we want to add a bathroom... thus the couplings needed to piece the pipe together all the way down from the 2nd floor(in the walls) make it "not fit"
Only way my husband sees it to work would be to stub the 3" pipe straight out the "side" of the home, then drop it down to the ground alongside the house, and paint it the same color as the house to blend...I however, am really worried a) how its going to look, and b) RE-SALE! Now, we live in the country on 100 acres so "city codes" are not a problem...I am just more worried about cutting into the side of our newly sided (and painted) 100+yr old home, and then having an ugly 3in pipe running down the side of the house! And of course, what others would think should well move and sell it someday...
Is this a "normal" solution?!
TAPPING INTO CAST IRON VENT
boiler and hot water heater adjacent to space with p...
Insulating above a heated garage loft for storage
Decorative Finishing Washers
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight