We are running into an issue on a toilet ordeal. Everything else will work (sink, tub) but the 3" pipe for the toliet will just barely fit btw walls, obviously the walls in this house are 2x4 walls-not 2x6 in areas where we want to add a bathroom... thus the couplings needed to piece the pipe together all the way down from the 2nd floor(in the walls) make it "not fit"
Only way my husband sees it to work would be to stub the 3" pipe straight out the "side" of the home, then drop it down to the ground alongside the house, and paint it the same color as the house to blend...I however, am really worried a) how its going to look, and b) RE-SALE! Now, we live in the country on 100 acres so "city codes" are not a problem...I am just more worried about cutting into the side of our newly sided (and painted) 100+yr old home, and then having an ugly 3in pipe running down the side of the house! And of course, what others would think should well move and sell it someday...
Is this a "normal" solution?!
TAPPING INTO CAST IRON VENT
boiler and hot water heater adjacent to space with p...
Insulating above a heated garage loft for storage
Decorative Finishing Washers
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects