1. I've studded the basement out with metal studs (not on the existing walls). The studs seem to be able tp twist quite a bit towards their center - when I put the drywall up to it (5/8") will it firm up enough to screw in?
2. Is there a type/brand of insulation which can easily attach to the metal studs?
3. I haven't had any water damage down there yet, but I was wondering if it makes sense to put the drywall up with a J bead on the bottom?
4. The ceiling is around 7.5' to the joists - what are some good brands of track based, non-drop ceiling tiles to look at?
Thanke very much in advance, this site has already helped meconsiderably.
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries