Im getting ready to sign a contract on a home to use as an investment within a few days.
In the basement, it already has a perimeter drain leading to a sump pit/pump where the water is pumped up, and out of the house,above grade, and into a crock the gutters pour into.
The house is a repo,so the electric is not on,and thus the sump pump isnt on. I see where it appears relatively recently there was water coming thru the floor through some cracks.
Does this sound like its only because theres no electric running the pump,and the hydrostatic pressure is building up and water is seeping?
Or is it possible the pump was installed after the house was built,there's no gravel under the slab (built in 54), and its another entire problem?
The grade does slope toward the house,the gutters are clogged etc, so I know I need to fix those things.
BUT, should i buy the house even tho i can not turn on the electric until I buy it, or am I taking a HUUUUGE risk.
Im leaning towards buying it and hoping for the best.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs