I have a room addition going on and the work is 50% done. There were several misses in the contract that he is now trying to recover.
1.Demolition and replacement of concrete around the new foundation. City code requires that the area around the foundation needs to be graded for water movement away from the foundation. He wants to add that as change order which I believe is the most basic task for his project and should have been included in the contract.
I am also extending an existing bathroom to add a standing shower which requires demo of existing foundation to get to plumbing.
Several City code misses as follows:
Updated city code requires air vent for toilet which was not existing for my old house. He is asking for additional cost of breaking and replacing bathroom sheetrock to get to plumbing.
City code requires exhaust fan.
Could he have known during the contract signing for all these items? What should I do?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 9 New & Familiar Ways to Add Moldings
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- 11 Kitchens That Defy Their Small Size