I have a room addition going on and the work is 50% done. There were several misses in the contract that he is now trying to recover.
1.Demolition and replacement of concrete around the new foundation. City code requires that the area around the foundation needs to be graded for water movement away from the foundation. He wants to add that as change order which I believe is the most basic task for his project and should have been included in the contract.
I am also extending an existing bathroom to add a standing shower which requires demo of existing foundation to get to plumbing.
Several City code misses as follows:
Updated city code requires air vent for toilet which was not existing for my old house. He is asking for additional cost of breaking and replacing bathroom sheetrock to get to plumbing.
City code requires exhaust fan.
Could he have known during the contract signing for all these items? What should I do?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips