I have a question about how to attach a fence post to the top of a rock wall. The rock wall is on my property line and I would like to fence in my yard, but I don't know how to attach the post to the wall. I would set in the fence from the wall, but there are two large trees in the way which would break the line of fence because they are right next to the wall. The wall is about 30 feet long and goes from 6" to 3' in height. I think I will move the rocks and pour a footing in the shallow locations, but where the wall is 3' high, I am not sure what to do. I don't think I should remove all of the rocks down to the ground just to add a post. What should I do?
I will probably ise some sort of treated pine post. I don't think cedar would last well for this type of application.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!