I am in the process of finishing my basement. The house is 3 years old and thus far it seems to be a very dry basement. I am planning on carpeting most of the basement floor and I'm toying with how to deal with the concrete floor prior to laying the carpet? I was going to seal the concrete with a sealer and then use a rubberized underlay. Is this recommended? Is there a stong need to put down a subfloor instead?
No subfloor, floor sagging between joists
DRIcore basement subfloor or making my own subfloor.
no subfloor means dust
subfloor needed in basement?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!