I am in the process of finishing my basement. The house is 3 years old and thus far it seems to be a very dry basement. I am planning on carpeting most of the basement floor and I'm toying with how to deal with the concrete floor prior to laying the carpet? I was going to seal the concrete with a sealer and then use a rubberized underlay. Is this recommended? Is there a stong need to put down a subfloor instead? If not, do I necessarily need to seal the concrete? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Basement sub-floor dilemma.
Builder wants to put in weep holes
Everdry Waterproofing in the St. Louis, MO area - GONE?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!