I am in the process of finishing my basement. The house is 3 years old and thus far it seems to be a very dry basement. I am planning on carpeting most of the basement floor and I'm toying with how to deal with the concrete floor prior to laying the carpet? I was going to seal the concrete with a sealer and then use a rubberized underlay. Is this recommended? Is there a stong need to put down a subfloor instead? If not, do I necessarily need to seal the concrete? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Basement sub-floor dilemma.
Builder wants to put in weep holes
Everdry Waterproofing in the St. Louis, MO area - GONE?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love