I am in the process of finishing my basement. The house is 3 years old and thus far it seems to be a very dry basement. I am planning on carpeting most of the basement floor and I'm toying with how to deal with the concrete floor prior to laying the carpet? I was going to seal the concrete with a sealer and then use a rubberized underlay. Is this recommended? Is there a stong need to put down a subfloor instead? If not, do I necessarily need to seal the concrete? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Basement sub-floor dilemma.
Builder wants to put in weep holes
Everdry Waterproofing in the St. Louis, MO area - GONE?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects