Our house is only 3 years old and we have severe water problems. We have a sump pump which helps tremendously in the winter however we know seem to have a water issue coming up from the center of the basement floor.
Today we have about 3" of water in our basement. Is it possible to seal the basement floor? If so, what is involved? Thank you for your assistance!
My advice, get two sump pumps. Figure about 7 gallons per minute for every 100 square feet of space. One pump at 40 gallons per minute won't keep up. I'm near Boston some of these newer basements are the size of a football field. Sealing the basement; the foundation would split under the pressure. C.
water in basement, yet no rain outside!
Help! Water -still- In Basement!
What Else - Water in Da' Basement
Foundation level with ground can't grade soil away f...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers