Our basement recently flooded and we are not sure how to prevent it from happening again. We are desperate because the "waterproofing companies" all give different solutions (ie whatever product they are trying to sell).
Water came in 3 ways:
1) running in from slop sink
2) came in from cracks in concrete floor
3) seepage where the walls meet the floor
We do not want to put drain pipes around the basement interior because that will still allow the water to come in.
We know that we need a check valve for the slopsink but how do we prevent water coming in the floor (noticeable cracks) and walls (no noticeable cracks).
What kind of professional do we call to come look at it?
Thanks for any and all advice.
Your'e looking at an exterior drain around the base of the foundation with crushed rock fill to grade level and a sump pump or two if this is to be done correctly. Trouble is it will run $$$$$. I don't like the inside drains either. On the outside the water pressure is relieved against the foundation. This is water that occurs in the ground, and must be handled. C.
thank you. What type of professional installs drains around the foundation - a g.c. or is that something a landscaper can do?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them