here is something else to chew on about these inside drain tile & dewatering methods and Radon gas....
here is 1 example of many http://www.nova-inc.com/q&a.htm
please scoll down and slowly read Q & A 20
"seal all cracks EXCEPT the lower 3 inches of wall or cracks.NEVER seal the joint where the wall and floor meet!"
Now, How does RADON enter homes & buildings? http://www.aerias.org/DesktopModules/ArticleDetail.aspx?articleId=173
"Radon gas enters residences and buildings through dirt floors, Cracks in walls & floors, floor drains, sump pumps etc"
http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/phys_agents/radon.html "caulking & sealing cracks & holes in basement floors and walls helps stop the release of Radon from the ground into the building"
"The concrete walls & floors helps slow down the movement of Radon from the soil into the building. However, cracks in the floor, wall slab joints and the drainage system allows radon to enter a building."
So... First, an inside method does not seal outside cracks & other openings which allows Radon to enter, gotta go outside to accomplish this. Secondly, an inside method doesnt seal all cracks inside the basement where Radon enters. In fact, with block walls they drill holes in the bottom courses to control the water that is...still entering through outside cracks etc.
Thing is, they created MORE openings to allow Radon to enter your basement. And i know some folks need a sump pump(s) to help control the water level under the floor but it is another opening which can allow higher levels of radon in your home.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes