Help! Does the "good side" of a privacy fence face inside (towards my yard) or outside (towards the neighbors)? Question of cosmetics or security? Is there a right answer to this question?
i agree with k2. privacy fences are more for privacy that security. if a thief wants to get thru or over a fence it wont matter what side is facing out. i would put the attractive side in unless you are too concerned about it. doesnt really matter accept if you ever need to replace pickets you will have to go into the nieghbors yard if you put the pickets outwards.
You're supposed to put the nice side on the outside facing away from your yard. Drive by others and you'll notice they all have the nice sides facing out.. Hope that helps!
If you use the type of privacy fence that has one board on the outside staggered with one on the inside, there is less of a "good" side vs. "bad" side. But I agree with the poster above. You almost always see the "good" side out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects