Help! Does the "good side" of a privacy fence face inside (towards my yard) or outside (towards the neighbors)? Question of cosmetics or security? Is there a right answer to this question?
i agree with k2. privacy fences are more for privacy that security. if a thief wants to get thru or over a fence it wont matter what side is facing out. i would put the attractive side in unless you are too concerned about it. doesnt really matter accept if you ever need to replace pickets you will have to go into the nieghbors yard if you put the pickets outwards.
You're supposed to put the nice side on the outside facing away from your yard. Drive by others and you'll notice they all have the nice sides facing out.. Hope that helps!
If you use the type of privacy fence that has one board on the outside staggered with one on the inside, there is less of a "good" side vs. "bad" side. But I agree with the poster above. You almost always see the "good" side out.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes