Hello, hopefully someone can help me out.
Ok so I Put up 1inch extruded polstyrene and glued it to the wall. framed up my 2x3wall, not yet anchored down. Couple questions before I go any further.
1.What was supposed to be done at the top of a framed wall running parallel with the floor joists? as far as fire codes go. I have a two inch gap. I slid the xps up behind the floor joist to the subfloor. That covered 1 inch, the top plate will cover the other. is this going to be ok? Also do firebreaks absolutely have to be used inbetween studs extended to concrete?
2. What about the parallel joists? I am thinking of cutting smaller squares above the top plates and just gluing them in. Then when I cut the full sheets for the other wall notch around the joists to subfloor. ????essentially double insulating.
3. What, if anything, should be used on seams around the xps, like floor and in corners? would some caulk do anything? and is duct tape ok to use to tape the joints with?
4.I plan on adding 2 1'/2 inch xps for additional insulation in between studs and just sectioning to allow for running electrical. yes/no?
I have looked through every page and I am still a bit confused, never seems to be a defenite answer.
Suspended ceiling vs. Tile.... questions, need opini...
stucco board and mold?
drywall over brick (to mount flat panel tv)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Ways to Expand into Your Garage
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 12 Fresh Ideas for Your Kids' Room
- 11 Beautiful Clutter-Busting Closets