Hello, hopefully someone can help me out.
Ok so I Put up 1inch extruded polstyrene and glued it to the wall. framed up my 2x3wall, not yet anchored down. Couple questions before I go any further.
1.What was supposed to be done at the top of a framed wall running parallel with the floor joists? as far as fire codes go. I have a two inch gap. I slid the xps up behind the floor joist to the subfloor. That covered 1 inch, the top plate will cover the other. is this going to be ok? Also do firebreaks absolutely have to be used inbetween studs extended to concrete?
2. What about the parallel joists? I am thinking of cutting smaller squares above the top plates and just gluing them in. Then when I cut the full sheets for the other wall notch around the joists to subfloor. ????essentially double insulating.
3. What, if anything, should be used on seams around the xps, like floor and in corners? would some caulk do anything? and is duct tape ok to use to tape the joints with?
4.I plan on adding 2 1'/2 inch xps for additional insulation in between studs and just sectioning to allow for running electrical. yes/no?
I have looked through every page and I am still a bit confused, never seems to be a defenite answer.
Suspended ceiling vs. Tile.... questions, need opini...
stucco board and mold?
drywall over brick (to mount flat panel tv)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY