Hello, hopefully someone can help me out.
Ok so I Put up 1inch extruded polstyrene and glued it to the wall. framed up my 2x3wall, not yet anchored down. Couple questions before I go any further.
1.What was supposed to be done at the top of a framed wall running parallel with the floor joists? as far as fire codes go. I have a two inch gap. I slid the xps up behind the floor joist to the subfloor. That covered 1 inch, the top plate will cover the other. is this going to be ok? Also do firebreaks absolutely have to be used inbetween studs extended to concrete?
2. What about the parallel joists? I am thinking of cutting smaller squares above the top plates and just gluing them in. Then when I cut the full sheets for the other wall notch around the joists to subfloor. ????essentially double insulating.
3. What, if anything, should be used on seams around the xps, like floor and in corners? would some caulk do anything? and is duct tape ok to use to tape the joints with?
4.I plan on adding 2 1'/2 inch xps for additional insulation in between studs and just sectioning to allow for running electrical. yes/no?
I have looked through every page and I am still a bit confused, never seems to be a defenite answer.
Suspended ceiling vs. Tile.... questions, need opini...
stucco board and mold?
drywall over brick (to mount flat panel tv)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes