Our home was built in 2004, and we are currently putting up drywall, when my husband noticed the wall was wet. It is about 3 feet up from the floor, and once the insulation has been down, the water is now running down the wall onto the floor. Is there anything we can do at home to repair the small leak, or should we call a professional to look at it? There are metal spikes in the wall, where they put the foam through? are thoes still usable?
poured bsmt wall with rod hole(s) leaking.....sounds that way. IF so,its best to use hydraulic cement in EACH rod hole.
what i mean about each is, you/others who have poured walls most likely have rod holes that may not be packed-sealed correctly and will leak sooner er later. Best to pack `em ALL Now Before finishing the basement!
They will usually be located approx. knee-high off the bsmt floor and about should/head high....and ALL the way around all 4 WALLS! You should make sure EACH one is properly plugged before going through the work and expense of drywall etc.
take a 'long' screwdriver and push/force it into Each rod hole. If the rod hole is plugged well the screwdriver will NOT penetrate. For each hole that isnt you will need a bucket of hydraulic cement and a 'long' dowel or some sort of 'packer' to push hyd cement all the way through/into each r/hole. you can prolly also use 'some' correct sized corks to push into and through each rod hole, or a combination of both.
Cracked Basement wall on a new home that is currentl...
Vent in crawl space make waterproofing in Basement d...
mystery waterfall leak in basement
Basement Wall Repair
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs