Our home was built in 2004, and we are currently putting up drywall, when my husband noticed the wall was wet. It is about 3 feet up from the floor, and once the insulation has been down, the water is now running down the wall onto the floor. Is there anything we can do at home to repair the small leak, or should we call a professional to look at it? There are metal spikes in the wall, where they put the foam through? are thoes still usable?
poured bsmt wall with rod hole(s) leaking.....sounds that way. IF so,its best to use hydraulic cement in EACH rod hole.
what i mean about each is, you/others who have poured walls most likely have rod holes that may not be packed-sealed correctly and will leak sooner er later. Best to pack `em ALL Now Before finishing the basement!
They will usually be located approx. knee-high off the bsmt floor and about should/head high....and ALL the way around all 4 WALLS! You should make sure EACH one is properly plugged before going through the work and expense of drywall etc.
take a 'long' screwdriver and push/force it into Each rod hole. If the rod hole is plugged well the screwdriver will NOT penetrate. For each hole that isnt you will need a bucket of hydraulic cement and a 'long' dowel or some sort of 'packer' to push hyd cement all the way through/into each r/hole. you can prolly also use 'some' correct sized corks to push into and through each rod hole, or a combination of both.
Cracked Basement wall on a new home that is currentl...
Vent in crawl space make waterproofing in Basement d...
mystery waterfall leak in basement
Basement Wall Repair
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes