Our home was built in 2004, and we are currently putting up drywall, when my husband noticed the wall was wet. It is about 3 feet up from the floor, and once the insulation has been down, the water is now running down the wall onto the floor. Is there anything we can do at home to repair the small leak, or should we call a professional to look at it? There are metal spikes in the wall, where they put the foam through? are thoes still usable?
poured bsmt wall with rod hole(s) leaking.....sounds that way. IF so,its best to use hydraulic cement in EACH rod hole.
what i mean about each is, you/others who have poured walls most likely have rod holes that may not be packed-sealed correctly and will leak sooner er later. Best to pack `em ALL Now Before finishing the basement!
They will usually be located approx. knee-high off the bsmt floor and about should/head high....and ALL the way around all 4 WALLS! You should make sure EACH one is properly plugged before going through the work and expense of drywall etc.
take a 'long' screwdriver and push/force it into Each rod hole. If the rod hole is plugged well the screwdriver will NOT penetrate. For each hole that isnt you will need a bucket of hydraulic cement and a 'long' dowel or some sort of 'packer' to push hyd cement all the way through/into each r/hole. you can prolly also use 'some' correct sized corks to push into and through each rod hole, or a combination of both.
Cracked Basement wall on a new home that is currentl...
Vent in crawl space make waterproofing in Basement d...
mystery waterfall leak in basement
Basement Wall Repair
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!