I live in a relatively new construction (2002) and the basement is humid in spring, summer and fall. Mold is growing on items that are stored in the basement.
There is no obvious water leakage. The builder claims to have installed a high quality vapor barrier. Our gas-based water heater (which heats water for our baseboard heat) is located in the basement as is a second refrigerator. The water heater manufacturer has sent out a rep who did not see any possible vapor from the heating system as the cause.
We are one unit in a two unit building that shares a single foundation. Our neighbors have no humidity problems in their basement (the sump pump is located on their side of the property - if that matters).
We are stumped.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
How do I find half?
Heat pump in attic - How do I insulate?
How do I attach a floating partition to a steel beam?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps