I see you are very knowledgeable about basement and leaks. I am quite frustrated with the slew of waterproofers who have come through my house. Every one of them seems to be selling me some kinf of a solution, but cannot correctly diagnose the problem.
Do you know if these systems will correct the problem or at least mitigate seepage? Or drylock? Or is it just a way of life for a 45 year old house?
I see some cracks along my cynder walls and there is definitely some mold/water at one corner. I'm not sure how severe this is, and to be honest, I plan to move in about 5 years anyway (not because of this).
Any advice? Thanks.
brand spankin` new and older homes have crack(s) etc which allow water in,thus mold,efflorescence,radon gas,termites `n so on.
drylok/paints and inside drain tile/inside baseboard systems do not stop/waterproof basement walls, period.
only an exterior method will stop water,relieve lateral & hydrostatic pressure off outside of wall which cracks,bows `n possibly collapse bsmt walls. And when one stops the water they will also stop/prevent mold,efflorescence,radon gas & insects from entering through cracks & other direct openings in bsmt walls.
what an inside drain tile & baseboard dewatering system does is, at best it should keep water off most of the basement floor as the water still Enters through cracks etc. It diverts.....water that will continue to come in, under the floor.... or w/baseboard system, along the inside perimeter. But since water is still allowed to enter, mold/efflorescence will continue to grow. And soil pressure is still present which could continue to crack,bow the bsmt walls cuz they dont hand dig and haul away all the soil/tree roots other debris that is against the outside of the walls, know what i mean?
call me if you like, here to help 313-881-8035 today i`ll be around 7:30 am - 4:30
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!