I have a newer house and I noticed my smoke detector went out. I pulled it out and realized there was some water up in the ceiling. I have blown insulation and was wondering if this is due to condensation or a leak in the roof. I noticed also a light fixture w/ the same problem. I went up to the attic and didn't see any evindence of any leaks. Any suggestions???
How new? Was the roof left open during the building process, where as water may be just sitting somewhere? Is the light near the smoke detector? Better yet is there snow on your roof right now? Where and what climate are you in? If so does only leak when its during the day and it is warmer out, and you just may not notice the leak. Just a little more info and I may be able to help. Also where is the smoke detector and light located in house, in comparison to what may be above in attic or on roof.
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
Smoke detector keeps beeping intermittently
combo dual ion/photo smoke/co detector??
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight