I have a newer house and I noticed my smoke detector went out. I pulled it out and realized there was some water up in the ceiling. I have blown insulation and was wondering if this is due to condensation or a leak in the roof. I noticed also a light fixture w/ the same problem. I went up to the attic and didn't see any evindence of any leaks. Any suggestions???
How new? Was the roof left open during the building process, where as water may be just sitting somewhere? Is the light near the smoke detector? Better yet is there snow on your roof right now? Where and what climate are you in? If so does only leak when its during the day and it is warmer out, and you just may not notice the leak. Just a little more info and I may be able to help. Also where is the smoke detector and light located in house, in comparison to what may be above in attic or on roof.
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
smoke detector keeps beeping with new battery in (co...
combo dual ion/photo smoke/co detector??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!