I have a newer house and I noticed my smoke detector went out. I pulled it out and realized there was some water up in the ceiling. I have blown insulation and was wondering if this is due to condensation or a leak in the roof. I noticed also a light fixture w/ the same problem. I went up to the attic and didn't see any evindence of any leaks. Any suggestions???
How new? Was the roof left open during the building process, where as water may be just sitting somewhere? Is the light near the smoke detector? Better yet is there snow on your roof right now? Where and what climate are you in? If so does only leak when its during the day and it is warmer out, and you just may not notice the leak. Just a little more info and I may be able to help. Also where is the smoke detector and light located in house, in comparison to what may be above in attic or on roof.
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
smoke detector keeps beeping with new battery in (co...
combo dual ion/photo smoke/co detector??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects