While removing some wood paneling from the walls in my basement I discovered some serious water damage to the wall studs. Over the years the damage has caused the bottom of the studs to rot away to the point where it crumbles in your hand.
I plan on replacing the wall and water proofing the foundation the best I can to prevent this from happening again. The problem that I face is that the breaker box is mounted on some of these studs. The studs are damaged ~ 12 inches up from the floor.
So my question is how do I go about replacing the wall with the breaker box on it?
Thanks for the help.
Circuit around or through an I-beam
bonded neutrals and GFI annoyances
Electrical Service to Outdoor Fountain
Encon old style wall mounted control for ceiling fan.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love