I'm in the process of buying a house. Should be closing sometime within the next few weeks.
The basement shows signs of leakage, but nothing extreme.
I was wondering if you know anyone in the Louisville, Ky. area that you think I could trust to evaluate/repair.
i cannot say i know anyone who will take care of you but in searching a lil, MAYBE try-call these guys as their website says they do All work on the Outside, appears they are well aware of what inside systems can & mostly Cannot do, know what i mean? Anyway,i tried to view their BBB report but right now, it won`t come up for some reason. Check their BBB Record First,if its good then you may want to call them but again, i do Not know them,don`t get Mad at me,lol!
http://www.ky-in.bbb.org/ click- 'get company report' then type in ph. number and see, ya have nothing to lose right. here is their website http://www.barrierwaterproof.com/thesolution.htm Again, they may be very good,they may not, for all i know they are outta biz, as i see quite a few listed on BBB as out of Biz. Maybe call city Bldg Dept and check with them, but sometimes, at least up here, there are a few crap Co`s who slip through and may have name on B.Dept list.
BBB report just came up. Appears they recently started out, according to BBB, the original business start date was 04/01/05
so take it however ya like, on one hand there appears to be Not much background on whether what they do or, how they actually do an outside method. i`ve explained imo what IS Best for the bsmt wall,stopping water entry,mold,radon etc and all about lateral & hydrostatic pressre/roots and best backfill. Still, everybody has a starting date and should be given chance/considered until they prove wrong. I think you know what the hlll im trying ta say,ha. Anyway, make sure whoever does any work has Lic `n Ins and gets permit IF needed in yer city, and whatever ya do, NO money Down is best for You! Any Co. who needs cash down in this Biz, i wouldnt hire, unless, they got a job to waterproof The White House or something Big ya know,lol.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING