I'm in the process of buying a house. Should be closing sometime within the next few weeks.
The basement shows signs of leakage, but nothing extreme.
I was wondering if you know anyone in the Louisville, Ky. area that you think I could trust to evaluate/repair.
i cannot say i know anyone who will take care of you but in searching a lil, MAYBE try-call these guys as their website says they do All work on the Outside, appears they are well aware of what inside systems can & mostly Cannot do, know what i mean? Anyway,i tried to view their BBB report but right now, it won`t come up for some reason. Check their BBB Record First,if its good then you may want to call them but again, i do Not know them,don`t get Mad at me,lol!
http://www.ky-in.bbb.org/ click- 'get company report' then type in ph. number and see, ya have nothing to lose right. here is their website http://www.barrierwaterproof.com/thesolution.htm Again, they may be very good,they may not, for all i know they are outta biz, as i see quite a few listed on BBB as out of Biz. Maybe call city Bldg Dept and check with them, but sometimes, at least up here, there are a few crap Co`s who slip through and may have name on B.Dept list.
BBB report just came up. Appears they recently started out, according to BBB, the original business start date was 04/01/05
so take it however ya like, on one hand there appears to be Not much background on whether what they do or, how they actually do an outside method. i`ve explained imo what IS Best for the bsmt wall,stopping water entry,mold,radon etc and all about lateral & hydrostatic pressre/roots and best backfill. Still, everybody has a starting date and should be given chance/considered until they prove wrong. I think you know what the hlll im trying ta say,ha. Anyway, make sure whoever does any work has Lic `n Ins and gets permit IF needed in yer city, and whatever ya do, NO money Down is best for You! Any Co. who needs cash down in this Biz, i wouldnt hire, unless, they got a job to waterproof The White House or something Big ya know,lol.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps