I am planning on having my basement remodeled. The estimater said that I would need a vapor barrier, seal the basement and also put in styrofoam insulation.
Now how is this done. How is the vapor barrier put in? I am not sure I understand the vapor barrier . Now is the basement sealed then the barrier put down and then the styrofoam. Can anyone tell me the exact procedure. I am wondering if I can do this myself. Can anyone tell me the exact procedure . The estimater wants to charge 8G and that does not include the ceiling and the flooring. The basement has cedar wood on the walls. Thanks so much.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!