I am getting ready to install a brick patio and I am not sure which way would be the best to attach the brick pavers (1" thick) to the existing concrete patio. The concrete is in good shape and I thought the traditional way would be to first put down a bed of thinset mortar and put the bricks down but now I am thinking another option might be a adhesive like concrete/masonry liquid nail. I used some of this previously to attach some quartzite stone pavers to a concrete retaining wall and so far it has held up real well. Any advice would be appreciated, the liquid nail approach seems easier since no having to mix up thinset and hope that it adhears to the existing surface.
Brick patio using half bricks
Building a brick patio with retaining walls
Has wasps under brick patio with cement top, how to ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!