Do drains, sump pits, pumps, battery backups, dehumidifiers, gutters, downspouts or landscaping dry the earth underneath or surrounding any home in order to stop moisture vapor drive throughout any portion of a below grade foundation floor?
Statistic - Many studies have been performed throughout decades and surprisingly result in approx 2-3 liters of moisture permeates through walls and floors per day in the average size home due to moisture vapor drive. Depending on the time of year and water table. Look it up.
do MOST basements LEAK/SEEP due to...cracks and other openings in basement walls
- YES of course. Sani-Tred products can be applied to seal any joint, seam, crack, hole, patch rough areas and all surfaces.
and, ABOVE ground openings?
- YES, above ground openings can be sealed as well. You’re a tricky misleading one, so be specific.
if one does NOT stop/prevent water-moisture from entering a basement wall, does it greatly Increase the chance for MOLD to grow?
- NO considering most all (basement waterproofing related) mold problems occur on the interior of basements due to water/moisture permeating THROUGH walls, floors, joints, seams, cracks and holes which raise the basement’s humidity and causes mold to grow.
- There are many other sources resulting in high humidity that are not related to basement waterproofing (leaky plumbing, sump pits, aquariums, house plants, improperly installed dryer vents, etc…). You wouldn’t claim that exterior drains and gravel solves these would you?
- If anyone wanted to coat the exterior, it’s a free country. Do you think that not one single customer chose to apply Sani-Tred products to the exterior? Don’t think that it hasn’t been done before, but in good conscience we MUST inform them that by coating the exterior even with interior drains, exterior drains, gravel, dehumidifiers …. they will not be able to stop moisture vapor drive throughout any portion of the floor.
DO YOUR inside PRODUCTS Stop/prevent water/moisture from ENTERING the OUTSIDE of Basement Walls?
- YES if one chooses to apply Sani-Tred products to the exterior. The point is that exterior coatings DO NOT STOP water from entering anywhere else other than the exterior of the wall which CAN NOT guarantee that the entire basement will be sealed. Exterior treatments leave all floors susceptible to moisture vapor drive and radon. Sani-Tred products waterproof multi-million gallon tanks above or below grade. Sani-Tred products have been applied to the interior of municipal manholes, some over 15’ below grade. Used in nuclear plants up to 10 stories below grade! Try as you might, it can not be refuted.
how about radon gas, insects....will applying YOUR Inside products stop/prevent radon `n insects that do INDEED ENTER cracks and other openings on the outside of house?
- YES if one chooses to apply Sani-Tred products to the exterior. The point is that exterior coatings DO NOT STOP water or radon from entering anywhere else other than the exterior of the wall which CAN NOT guarantee that the entire basement will be sealed. Exterior treatments leave all floors susceptible to moisture vapor drive and radon.
- In over 2 decades not one single person has ever reported that termites or any other insect has eaten or burrowed through Sani-Tred products. There are hundreds of thousands of sq’ of wood surfaces alone that are permanently sealed using Sani-Tred products. Thanks to ‘LicensedWaterproofer’ I think we’ll have our products tested for the most tenacious species of insects. Perhaps a special formulation if necessary. Of course it goes without saying that the home may be ‘bug-proofed’ from the exterior, but not 100% waterproof ... Thank you ‘LicensedWaterproofer’ for inspiring us to offer yet another solution to a bug – I mean BIG problem.
- You forget that Sani-Tred products are used for ANY waterproofing needs and are rated for even vehicle traffic.
- Sorry but nothing stops radon from entering “on the outside of house”. You can get a radon reading in Wal-Mart parking lot. Radon can also enter through tap water. Everyone’s concern is to keep radon below safe levels and the most effective method is by not letting it in. That’s why Sani-Tred products can be used to shield out problem radon throughout 100% of the basement.
does lateral `n hydrostatic soil pressure and/or tree roots cause basements wall(s) to CRACK, LEAK, BOW...etc? if a homeowner uses YOUR products, can they in ANY way lessen/relieve lateral or hydrostatic SOIL pressure & tree roots which,cause MANY basement walls to crack, leak, bow?
- Are you insinuating that we claim to stop the earth from moving or repel roots in any fashion? Grow up…we’ve been over this many times.
You sought out do disprove Sani-Tred’s claims and performance. You can’t. We claim how the products perform and the products perform as we claim. Sani-Tred products will never bubble, chip, peel, crack, delaminate or leak for the life of the structure. Sani-Tred products will never allow water, moisture, vapor or problem radon to enter. You call that misleading? For once a product performs as stated! Nope, not brittle like an egg shell. Sani-Tred products are not cementicious. Sani-Tred products are not paint. Sani-Tred products permanently adhere, deep penetrating, tough as a truck tire, 600% elongation and absolutely permanent.