Mold on basement wall(s)?
on drywall,paneling, carpet,under floor tiles?
Most basements leak due to, water that enters THROUGH Outside openings/cracks in bsmt walls,openings around basement windows,open mortar joints etc.
How can you stop/prevent water from entering? Seal/waterproof/tuckpoint/caulk etc these openings on the Outside. NOT have someone install an Inside Drain tile or Baseboard System,nope. This will NOT stop/prevent water from entering these openings that are...outside. Sure, sure, it should keep most of the water that STILL will enter, under the floor but, its going to continue to enter.
And if allowed to enter say, into a hollow block basement wall then the wall will get wet/damp and so can drywall,paneling etc.
....epa guide, and many others say "mold may begin to grow indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet.....if there is mold growing in your home you must clean up the mold AND fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold and don`t fix the water problem then,most likely, the mold problem will come back"
common sense huh, do all of these Inside companies explain this to you?
do Inside co`s explain to you that radon gas does enter through cracks `n other openings in basement walls?
do they explain to you why there is efflorescence on basement walls?
do they explain that termites and other insects enter through these same cracks/outside openings or, do they not bring this up at all or maybe they tell you to call an exterminator huh
do they fully explain why cracks occur in basement walls? what can cause cracks,bowing etc?
do you really think something under the floor is causing your wall to bow inward? Yeah, some inside co`s say crap like this. Some inside co`s will tell you ANYTHING to sell you the one thing they do...Inside systems. lol
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!