Mold on basement wall(s)?
on drywall,paneling, carpet,under floor tiles?
Most basements leak due to, water that enters THROUGH Outside openings/cracks in bsmt walls,openings around basement windows,open mortar joints etc.
How can you stop/prevent water from entering? Seal/waterproof/tuckpoint/caulk etc these openings on the Outside. NOT have someone install an Inside Drain tile or Baseboard System,nope. This will NOT stop/prevent water from entering these openings that are...outside. Sure, sure, it should keep most of the water that STILL will enter, under the floor but, its going to continue to enter.
And if allowed to enter say, into a hollow block basement wall then the wall will get wet/damp and so can drywall,paneling etc.
....epa guide, and many others say "mold may begin to grow indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet.....if there is mold growing in your home you must clean up the mold AND fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold and don`t fix the water problem then,most likely, the mold problem will come back"
common sense huh, do all of these Inside companies explain this to you?
do Inside co`s explain to you that radon gas does enter through cracks `n other openings in basement walls?
do they explain to you why there is efflorescence on basement walls?
do they explain that termites and other insects enter through these same cracks/outside openings or, do they not bring this up at all or maybe they tell you to call an exterminator huh
do they fully explain why cracks occur in basement walls? what can cause cracks,bowing etc?
do you really think something under the floor is causing your wall to bow inward? Yeah, some inside co`s say crap like this. Some inside co`s will tell you ANYTHING to sell you the one thing they do...Inside systems. lol
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them