Mold on basement wall(s)?
on drywall,paneling, carpet,under floor tiles?
Most basements leak due to, water that enters THROUGH Outside openings/cracks in bsmt walls,openings around basement windows,open mortar joints etc.
How can you stop/prevent water from entering? Seal/waterproof/tuckpoint/caulk etc these openings on the Outside. NOT have someone install an Inside Drain tile or Baseboard System,nope. This will NOT stop/prevent water from entering these openings that are...outside. Sure, sure, it should keep most of the water that STILL will enter, under the floor but, its going to continue to enter.
And if allowed to enter say, into a hollow block basement wall then the wall will get wet/damp and so can drywall,paneling etc.
....epa guide, and many others say "mold may begin to grow indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet.....if there is mold growing in your home you must clean up the mold AND fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold and don`t fix the water problem then,most likely, the mold problem will come back"
common sense huh, do all of these Inside companies explain this to you?
do Inside co`s explain to you that radon gas does enter through cracks `n other openings in basement walls?
do they explain to you why there is efflorescence on basement walls?
do they explain that termites and other insects enter through these same cracks/outside openings or, do they not bring this up at all or maybe they tell you to call an exterminator huh
do they fully explain why cracks occur in basement walls? what can cause cracks,bowing etc?
do you really think something under the floor is causing your wall to bow inward? Yeah, some inside co`s say crap like this. Some inside co`s will tell you ANYTHING to sell you the one thing they do...Inside systems. lol
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY