I'm building a new house. yesterday they just poured the cemement flooring for my basement/garage. To my horor The crew did not put the 6" Poly under the cement where there Garage is (the garage is below living quarters). I looked at the plans and it did call for poly under the cement in the garage. My question is: Is there any REAL reason not to put poly under a cement slab that is in a garage? I'm considering making them rip/jack hammer it out and do it again (It was clearly in the plans). I of course do not want to do this so I'm wondering if the plans were over kill.
PS I live in a wet climate
my 2 cents...
if it was in plans it...shoulda been done.
what i can say about NOT having the ploy under G floor is, we`ve waterproofed quite a few walls/part wall-crack under a G floor and to this day, after 25+ years we have YET to see any poly, lol.
now, most of the G floors have been fine, no problems w/cement work is what i can tell ya.
where the poly, to me, is more helpful is under a basement floor, especially to help prevent radon gas....not that the poly is a solve-all by any means but, sure wouldn`t hurt. hopefully they poured bsmt floor 4" and didnt get cheap and pour 3" or less
Plastic under cement????
Moisture in basement, water leaking under footers
Finished wall in basement wet.
Need info about Pouring Cement under Bulkhead Stairs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects