I'm building a new house. yesterday they just poured the cemement flooring for my basement/garage. To my horor The crew did not put the 6" Poly under the cement where there Garage is (the garage is below living quarters). I looked at the plans and it did call for poly under the cement in the garage. My question is: Is there any REAL reason not to put poly under a cement slab that is in a garage? I'm considering making them rip/jack hammer it out and do it again (It was clearly in the plans). I of course do not want to do this so I'm wondering if the plans were over kill.
PS I live in a wet climate
my 2 cents...
if it was in plans it...shoulda been done.
what i can say about NOT having the ploy under G floor is, we`ve waterproofed quite a few walls/part wall-crack under a G floor and to this day, after 25+ years we have YET to see any poly, lol.
now, most of the G floors have been fine, no problems w/cement work is what i can tell ya.
where the poly, to me, is more helpful is under a basement floor, especially to help prevent radon gas....not that the poly is a solve-all by any means but, sure wouldn`t hurt. hopefully they poured bsmt floor 4" and didnt get cheap and pour 3" or less
Plastic under cement????
Moisture in basement, water leaking under footers
Finished wall in basement wet.
Need info about Pouring Cement under Bulkhead Stairs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Prefab-ulous: 14 Jaw-Dropping Modern Homes
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Why Are "Natural" Swimming Pools Popular?
- 9 Ways of Adding Moldings to Walls
- 1 Dozen Ways to Make the Most of a Small Yard
- 13 Easy Lanterns to Make for Your Porch or Patio
- 12 Expert Tips for a Fantastic Front Yard