I'm building a new house. yesterday they just poured the cemement flooring for my basement/garage. To my horor The crew did not put the 6" Poly under the cement where there Garage is (the garage is below living quarters). I looked at the plans and it did call for poly under the cement in the garage. My question is: Is there any REAL reason not to put poly under a cement slab that is in a garage? I'm considering making them rip/jack hammer it out and do it again (It was clearly in the plans). I of course do not want to do this so I'm wondering if the plans were over kill.
PS I live in a wet climate
my 2 cents...
if it was in plans it...shoulda been done.
what i can say about NOT having the ploy under G floor is, we`ve waterproofed quite a few walls/part wall-crack under a G floor and to this day, after 25+ years we have YET to see any poly, lol.
now, most of the G floors have been fine, no problems w/cement work is what i can tell ya.
where the poly, to me, is more helpful is under a basement floor, especially to help prevent radon gas....not that the poly is a solve-all by any means but, sure wouldn`t hurt. hopefully they poured bsmt floor 4" and didnt get cheap and pour 3" or less
Plastic under cement????
Moisture in basement, water leaking under footers
Finished wall in basement wet.
Need info about Pouring Cement under Bulkhead Stairs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!