I'm building a new house. yesterday they just poured the cemement flooring for my basement/garage. To my horor The crew did not put the 6" Poly under the cement where there Garage is (the garage is below living quarters). I looked at the plans and it did call for poly under the cement in the garage. My question is: Is there any REAL reason not to put poly under a cement slab that is in a garage? I'm considering making them rip/jack hammer it out and do it again (It was clearly in the plans). I of course do not want to do this so I'm wondering if the plans were over kill.
PS I live in a wet climate
my 2 cents...
if it was in plans it...shoulda been done.
what i can say about NOT having the ploy under G floor is, we`ve waterproofed quite a few walls/part wall-crack under a G floor and to this day, after 25+ years we have YET to see any poly, lol.
now, most of the G floors have been fine, no problems w/cement work is what i can tell ya.
where the poly, to me, is more helpful is under a basement floor, especially to help prevent radon gas....not that the poly is a solve-all by any means but, sure wouldn`t hurt. hopefully they poured bsmt floor 4" and didnt get cheap and pour 3" or less
Plastic under cement????
Moisture in basement, water leaking under footers
Finished wall in basement wet.
Need info about Pouring Cement under Bulkhead Stairs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!