i bought this 1950's house and just recently found out that i might have asbestos wrapping around 5 air duct boots and in floor tiles. i was 25 years old with no knowledge of this. i removed most of the floor tile wearing an N95 mask which im not sure was the correct one and used an ice scraper found from the garage to scrape the tiles. they came up easy because water came through the concrete blocks every time it rained and made them very loose. i am concerned about my lungs and if i should have the remaining tiles tested. the remaining tiles need to come up soon also because they are also getting loose from some moisture underneath.thanks for any advice.
Please check your local laws regarding asbestos removal. Here in Mass, you would be looking at fines equal to the cost of a nice car if you removed and disposed of asbestos tile yourself. You can buy asbestos test kits or have a professional come in and test the tile and air since you have disturbed the floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight