i bought this 1950's house and just recently found out that i might have asbestos wrapping around 5 air duct boots and in floor tiles. i was 25 years old with no knowledge of this. i removed most of the floor tile wearing an N95 mask which im not sure was the correct one and used an ice scraper found from the garage to scrape the tiles. they came up easy because water came through the concrete blocks every time it rained and made them very loose. i am concerned about my lungs and if i should have the remaining tiles tested. the remaining tiles need to come up soon also because they are also getting loose from some moisture underneath.thanks for any advice.
Please check your local laws regarding asbestos removal. Here in Mass, you would be looking at fines equal to the cost of a nice car if you removed and disposed of asbestos tile yourself. You can buy asbestos test kits or have a professional come in and test the tile and air since you have disturbed the floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes