i bought this 1950's house and just recently found out that i might have asbestos wrapping around 5 air duct boots and in floor tiles. i was 25 years old with no knowledge of this. i removed most of the floor tile wearing an N95 mask which im not sure was the correct one and used an ice scraper found from the garage to scrape the tiles. they came up easy because water came through the concrete blocks every time it rained and made them very loose. i am concerned about my lungs and if i should have the remaining tiles tested. the remaining tiles need to come up soon also because they are also getting loose from some moisture underneath.thanks for any advice.
Please check your local laws regarding asbestos removal. Here in Mass, you would be looking at fines equal to the cost of a nice car if you removed and disposed of asbestos tile yourself. You can buy asbestos test kits or have a professional come in and test the tile and air since you have disturbed the floor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!