I am going to finish my basement. I have poured concrete walls with no water problems
for 10 years.
Do I Drylock the walls and use regular insulation possibly creating mold/mildew
trapping or just stud up and drywall as
insulation to allow the conditions to be the
same. I just dont want the basement to be cold in the winter after spending money to finish it.
Anytime you cover a wall, whether you use drylock or not, you run the risk of creating an environment for mold to flourish if moisture and organic matter is present. The Owens system is good because it can be removed for inspection. Since the product has not been around for a long time, I cannot comment on longevity. It reminds me of the solar panels back in the 80's...warped after 5 years...who knew.
Cracked Basement wall on a new home that is currentl...
cracked basement wall
Basement Wall Repair
Basement wall seeping below sewer stack
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!