We have a 3100 sq. foot tri-level home with only 1-1/2 baths 2 adults and 4 children. Help us. The lower level of the house is approximately 600 sq ft. and is a bedroom, office area and mechanical room. We would like to change the office to a bathroom (standup shower, vanity and toilet)for our two oldest daughters. This area shares the support wall of the basement and the other side is the mechanical room. Currently there isn't plumbing in the basement, however all the drains from the upstairs bathroom are exposed in the mechanical room ceiling. We will be sub-contracting this work, but want to be educated somewhat on what options we have in adding this bathroom. Our budget is $5000.00. I have heard we could use a lift station and that our floor will need to be cut? Anything you can give us is better than going into this project blind. Thanks.....
This is a bigger project than it seems. If the plumbing is not correct, issues will haunt you. Your first step should be to call a plumber with experience doing this type of work. You should call a few plumbers and get quotes and to get a feel for the direction of the project. Due to your plumbing restrictions, I would assume your bathroom will be designed around the plumbing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!