I have a room under my front porch that I want to make into a wine cellar. The walls are poured concrete (8" thick, 9'high) and the ceiling is poured concrete (3") over corrugated steel sheeting. The problem I have is condensation on the steel in the winter (i.e., cool temperatures.) What is the best way to insulate this space without the worry of condensation (and consequent mold)? I would like to install a drop ceiling and finish it as my wine cellar. BTW, I have foamed (insulation) the spaces between the corrugations and the top of the wall.
Have you received any replies to your post on how to correct the sweating problem under your porch? I am in the midst of a similar project and have the same problem. I'd like to know how you fixed it.
Exterior waterproofing with stone foundation and gra...
Crawl Space Problems
basement noise issue
basement bathroom framing
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!