I have had an Aquanot pedastel type battery backup sump pump for seven years. It works well except for extreme flooding rain when we have had to scoop water from the pit, otherwise the water would have overflown. Also, although our electricity has not been out, the battery works and then burns out after a long period.
My questions: is there a stronger pump that will handle extreme amounts of rain? And, is there a way for me to disconnect the battery when it is not needed because the electricity is working? I have been through 3 batteries during 7 years. Is this normal?
I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love