I have had an Aquanot pedastel type battery backup sump pump for seven years. It works well except for extreme flooding rain when we have had to scoop water from the pit, otherwise the water would have overflown. Also, although our electricity has not been out, the battery works and then burns out after a long period.
My questions: is there a stronger pump that will handle extreme amounts of rain? And, is there a way for me to disconnect the battery when it is not needed because the electricity is working? I have been through 3 batteries during 7 years. Is this normal?
I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING