I have had an Aquanot pedastel type battery backup sump pump for seven years. It works well except for extreme flooding rain when we have had to scoop water from the pit, otherwise the water would have overflown. Also, although our electricity has not been out, the battery works and then burns out after a long period.
My questions: is there a stronger pump that will handle extreme amounts of rain? And, is there a way for me to disconnect the battery when it is not needed because the electricity is working? I have been through 3 batteries during 7 years. Is this normal?
I would appreciate any advice. Thank you!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!